Since joining the
profession of recruiting, I’ve seen a number of creative approaches for finding a job.
- Walking the streets with a cardboard sign around ones neck
- Creating a resume that has a a special color or scent
- Dancing in the lobby of our staffing office (awkward)
- Personal business cards in all shapes, sizes and colors
- Websites, portfolios and audio recordings
- The list goes on, and on, and on…
I witnessed something today that was a first… a MUSIC VIDEO! A RAP resume if you will…
Dave Berzack is a Sr. Developer with a passion for dynamic graphics and scripted animation. Within the “About Me” section of his site, he describes himself as a Developer, Designer and a Fool. Check out this quote from the “Fool” portion:
I do a lot of ridiculous things. Rapping about computer programming, building a trippy, fur-lined geodome, traipsing around in outlandish costumes, dancing in public… yes – I am a fool.
But a fool is not just a silly clown. He is a human Trickster, bucking conventions and breaking down walls to make way for real change.
I thrive on tossing aside the rulebook and expanding the possibilities. If you’re interested in making something big happen – something wild and explosive – please call me. I’d like to help.
I’m intrigued by Dave’s approach and positive he will continue to make waves! Of course, the 127,000+ views of his video resume serves as a pretty good indication.
Be inspired, think
outside the box and be you!